HTTP Status codes are returned by iManager to the client software to determine the outcome of a request. For instance, whether the request is successfully handled, the cause for the error, etc.
The HTTP protocol defines 41 status codes in 5 categories:
- 1xx: Informational—This class of status code indicates a provisional response, consisting only of the Status-Line and optional headers, and is terminated by an empty line.
- 2xx: Success—This class of status codes indicates the action requested by the client was received, understood, accepted and processed successfully.
- 3xx: Redirection—This class of status code indicates that further action needs to be taken by the user agent in order to fulfill the request.
- 4xx: Client Error—The 4xx class of status code is intended for cases in which the client seems to have erred.
- 5xx: Server Error—The server failed to fulfill an apparently valid request.
SuperMap iManager mainly includes the status codes of the 2xx, 4xx, and 5xx classes, as described below.
|Standard response for successful HTTP requests. The actual response will depend on the request method used. For instance, GET an entity corresponding to the requested resource is sent in the response; HEAD the entity-header fields corresponding to the requested resource are sent in the response without any message-body; POST an entity describing or containing the result of the action; TRACE an entity containing the request message as received by the end server.
|The request has been fulfilled and resulted in a new resource being created. The corresponding request methods include POST and PUT. The newly created resource can be referenced by the URI(s) returned in the entity of the response, with the most specific URI for the resource given by a Location header field.
|The request could not be understood by the server due to malformed syntax.
|The request requires user authentication.
|The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI.
|The resource does not support the operation.
|The resource does not support the representation type of the client.
|The request was unsuccessful due to an unexpected condition encountered by the server.